PSA judging puts a strong emphasis on storytelling and drama, though the photo still has to be technically excellent. A better story may, and often does, outweigh a technically better photo. As illustrations, below are some recent PSA winners and all are technically excellent but also are very dramatic and evoke good stories.
To see all the award winners for the 2021-22 (and previous years) Projected Image Division Interclub Open Competitions, go and study https://resources.psa-photo.org/index.php?2021-22-season. (It is the top entry on the page.)
- The subject matter for the images submitted is unrestricted or “open.”
- 10% receive Awards, 10% receive HMs (ribbons).
- You cannot resubmit an image that you previously submitted to PSA.
- A maximum of 6 images per club. Our club limit is one per member. And we vote for which 6 will represent our club.
- Members cannot submit images from two or more different clubs for a given competition.
- Images must have a maximum size of 1400 pixels WIDE x 1050 pixels HIGH. These upper limits on BOTH sides apply for PSA. Photocontestpro.com does not enforce both of these limits, you have to check it yourself.
Color space must be sRGB.
For complete rules, go to cdn.ymaws.com/psa-photo.org/resource/resmgr/pdf/divisions/2022-23_-genl-ic-guidelines.pdf and you can download the judging guidelines here psa-photo.org/resource/resmgr/pdf/divisions/pid/pid-color-scoring-guide.docx. Lastly, you can see all the PID competition details here: psa-photo.org/page/projected-image