PSA judging puts a strong emphasis on storytelling and drama, though the photo still has to be technically excellent. A better story may, and often does, outweigh a technically better photo. As illustrations, below are some recent PSA winners and all are technically excellent but also are very dramatic and evoke good stories.
To see these (and bigger) and all the other previous award winners for the 2020-21 Projected Image Division Interclub Open Competitions for round 1, go and study psa-photo.org/index.php?2020-21-pid-interclub-round-one – Round 2 will be available soon.
For the 2019-20 season award winners, go to https://psa-photo.org/index.php?pid-interclub-competition and click on the links below the title 2019-2020 PID INTERCLUB RESULTS
- The subject matter for the images submitted is unrestricted or “open.”
- 10% receive Awards, 10% receive HMs (ribbons).
- You cannot resubmit an image that you previously submitted to PSA.
- A maximum of 6 images per club. Our club limit is one per member. And we vote for which 6 will represent our club.
- Members cannot submit images from two or more different clubs for a given competition.
- Images must have a maximum size of 1400 pixels WIDE x 1050 pixels HIGH. These upper limits on BOTH sides apply for PSA. Photocontestpro.com does not enforce both of these limits, you have to check it yourself.
Color space must be sRGB.
For complete rules, go to: psa-photo.org/index.php?pid-interclub-competition