- This competition is judged by an out-of-NJ photography club.
- For this competition there are no class levels – all entrants are in the same level. Salon does not refer to our Salon class.
- You can enter any photo except those that got awards in previous MPC end-of-year salon competitions. There have not been any of these competitions for the last 2+ years.
- Each participant can enter up to 3 photos in the Nature category and up to 3 photos in the Pictorial category.
- The size restriction is the usual 1200 pixels on the longest side, JPEG file format and sRGB color space.
- Closing date for entries is March 18th.
Categories: Nature and Pictorial
Nature requirements: essentially the NJFCC nature requirements:
- The subject of the photography must be nature.
- Human elements shall not be present except on the rare occasion where those elements enhance the nature story.
- The presence of scientific bands on wild animals is acceptable.
- Photographs of domesticated animals, mounted specimens and obviously set arrangements are not acceptable. Farm animals are considered to be domesticated. If an animal is an exotic pet, it must be taken in a natural setting – no bars, fences or man-made objects. Examples of exotic pets are chimpanzees, alligators, alpacas, etc.
- Any form of image manipulation that misrepresents the true situation or that alters the content of the image is not permitted. Minor cloning to remove small incidental distractions in the image are permitted if the cloning operation is undetectable by the judge. A judge may disqualify any image in which he or she detects evidence of cloning or pasting.
Pictorial requirements: essentially like our club Open category:
The photographs can be of any subject. Any post processing techniques are allowed, but the work must originate from one or more photographs.